I love how you incorporated shapeshifting; that's a bit of vampire lore that doesn't get used enough in modern fiction.
Kenneth Rice: Vampire Detective
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Ever wanted to relive the trashy YA fiction from your youth, but, like, in interactive story form?
No? Well too bad - here's a Comedy Noir Romance for your consideration.
This is a tweaked re-realease of my entry for Ludum Dare 35: Shapeshift.
You play as Kenneth Rice; a 130-year-old hard-boiled detective with sensibilities firmly in the 1920s era from when he was bitten by a vampire. Yes.
When he gets a call from a mysterious stranger with a missing necklace, Kenneth steps up to the challenge; using his detective skills and vampiric transformation powers to solve the case. And maybe fall in love?
In short, it's Castlevania: Symphony of the Night with more 20's lingo and homoerotic overtones. Enjoy!
- Character artwork by Lyn-Dae Stewart
- Script, coding and photoshopping by Nathan Blades."
- Game music by Thomas Collins (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com).
- Sound effects from freesound.org.
- Kenneth Rice: Vampire Detective was made in Ren'Py! Ren'Py was created by PyTom. Learn more at www.renpy.org
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.